- Bashful: Google would like to come clean, but…
- Doc: Naturally it's (.doc) Microsoft (see post here)
- Dopey: Reserved for the FBI (see posts here and here)
- Grumpy: Apple
- Happy: Facebook
- Sleepy: U.S. Allies around the world
- Sneezy: Yahoo (see my story about Yahoo Swiss-cheese security here)
Thursday, September 19, 2013
Snowden And The Seven Dorks: What's Next?
Today's excellent summary of Edward Snowden's NSA hi-ho-hi-ho-off-to-datamining-we-go leaks in Computerworld (see the story here) has a not-so-subtle metaphor in the children's tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (…make that Dorks). Only there may be a lot more than seven. So far we have (my own favorite childhood names come from the1937 movie):
Believe me, the above list is nowhere near complete. But then, metaphors always have a way of falling to pieces in the harsh daylight of reality. Stay tuned, kiddies!
Posted by Destroying Angel at 9/19/2013 08:35:00 AM