- Breaking news from Twitter is a jumble without Buzz analytics. But using the same Pattern Based Analytics for which the Department of Defense has paid them tens of millions of dollars, it's really easy to spot trending BIG NEWS even before the major news organizations get their biased little hands on it.
- Naturally, for the purposes of this blog, my International Cyber Dashboard will tell me when the next Duqu (or response to it) hits. Things have been relatively silent for a few days, but expect something to hit this weekend, when everybody in our command structure is trying to take some family time.
- This is my "Romney" dashboard, and…
- …this is my "Huntsman" dashboard. Okay, I live in Utah and find the mutual animosity between my two "brethren" somewhat disconcerting. And the antics of Huntsman's daughters on the social networks almost prove Pastor Jeffress' case. Almost (Huntsman is right: Jeffress is a moron).
- I'm sensing that India is the vortex for events in Asia, and I'm closely following trends in that part of the world.
- My "Anarchist Dashboard" is a great predictor of those zany guys at Anonymous and Lulzsec. They're not getting a lot of traction over the last four days, so I would expect (soon) another high-profile temper tantrum. Certainly before the new year.
- "Waiting for bad stuff" is a sorrowful list of text messages. But I need to know where to send my charitable donations. As one of my favorite late mentors once said, "You can't do everything you must, but you must do everything you can."
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
"Actionable" BUZZ from Twitter "data exhaust"
I thought I'd share my Quantum Leap Buzz dashboard as it periodically analyzes and sends me telephone text message alerts from my personal Twitter feed. Here's the dashboard as of this morning:
Through "Leap Day 2012" (February 29th), anyone anywhere can download the free beta copy of Quantum Leap Buzz from (duh) www.QuantumLeapBuzz.com. After March 1st, all bets are off. This is my own text-me-immediately dashboard for actionable data that gets sent to my cell phone, wherever I am. Unlike mere Twitter searches (or anything else, anwhere else), this little gem runs on my always-on Mac (as well as on my PC when I get really curious about a lot of stuff), so some cloud aggregator can't spot and market my unique insights. Here are some notes on my key dashboards, top to bottom:
Since I've put my proverbial neck on the line by making a few predictions, my next post will be a summary of my batting average. Have a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hanukkah, a festive Kwanzaa, a…well forget it if your into human sacrifice, as I've got to draw the line somewhere…and a safe/fulfilling 2012, even if you are an Aztec.
Posted by Destroying Angel at 12/20/2011 10:12:00 AM